We are always looking for ways to improve our platform based on our clients’ feedback and what we think will add value to users’ experiences. We are excited to inform you about some nice updates we have just rolled out.
These new features will enrich your platform experience
Face and Touch ID
We have now enabled Touch and Face ID on mobile devices that support these features. Enter the login screen of the app and select the pictograph in the bottom left corner. Next, you will have to provide your passcode to set up either Face or Touch ID. After you have completed the set up, you can use it to easily and safely log in to your DEGIRO account.
Product detail pages
We’ve added a significant amount of financial data and information to every company’s product detail page. The data added here will help enable you to conduct fundamental analysis seamlessly within the platform. Below are some features you’ll find:
- Graph: We have improved our graphs to include the high and low price during a 52-week range.
- Pricing data: In the pricing data box, you will see new information that is available. Tooltips are available for more information about a metric.
- Company Information: To get a better idea of a company and what it does, its sector, industry, number of employees and reporting currency is provided. Next to that, the business summary and financial summary in this section will further explain the company and give an overview of financial data.
- Financials: You can find six years of a company’s quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Ratios: In this section, key ratios are displayed that help indicate the health of a company. Use the tooltips if you’re unsure about what a ratio displayed indicates.
- Key Figures: This includes metrics such as such as market cap and revenue. Tooltips are also available here.
- Analyst Views: Here, you can see a number of analysts’ outlook on a stock, whether it is to buy, sell or something in between.
On the product pages, there is also a new tab called ‘Financials’. Here, you will be able to compare metrics reported on the relevant income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
On the market page, you will see a tab called ‘Agenda’. Here, you will find two additional pages: dividends and earnings.
- Dividends: Are you invested in a stock that pays dividends, or wish to invest in dividend stocks? In the dividends section, you are able to see companies’ ex-dividend dates, currencies of dividends, dividend amounts, yields and payment dates. The tabs at the top of the table enable you to change the time period of the ex-dates. There is even a search bar to make finding information about a company’s dividend is as easy as possible.
- Earnings: Whether a company you’re interested in has an upcoming earnings announcement or a shareholder meeting, you will be able to see this in the earnings section. Directly from here, you can find the link to watch live webcasts or replay webcasts if they’ve already occurred. Similar to the dividends, you can change the timeframe using the tabs at the top of the table and also search for a company with the search bar.
Improved news section
You may have noticed there are more news articles and videos available in the platform. News is divided into two sections: ‘Top News’ and ‘Latest News’.
- Top News: This includes market moving headlines. News can be filtered with a number of categories, so you can easily find news that is relevant to you. For example, if you are interested in US companies, you can select this filter to find the top news relating to US companies.
- Latest News: Here you will find up-to-date news that may be more niche compared what you will find in the top news section. From the drop-down menu, you can select various countries and news in the corresponding language will be displayed.
Feedback on the platform
We are curious to hear what you think about the new platform features! There is a built-in feedback option within the trading platform where you can let us know opinions and thoughts about it. We value all feedback that we receive as it enables us to improve continuously.Open an account
The information in this article is not written for advisory purposes, nor does it intend to recommend any investments. Please be aware that facts may have changed since the article was originally written. Investing involves risks. You can lose (a part of) your deposit. We advise you to only invest in financial products that match your knowledge and experience.